Today on The Final Table poker radio show, we discussed a couple of hands Dennis played in a tournament at Caesar's Palace this weekend and whether a new site that offers insurance to online players who want to cut down on variance is a good value.
In our guest segment, we welcomed back Daniel Negreanu, one of the most recognizable pros in the poker world, who is in Dublin, Ireland, to take part in iSeriesLive, a 10,000-Euro buy-in winner-take-all event you can watch live online on Thursday -- and (if you're not in the US) wager on the outcome.
Among the other topics we touched on with Daniel:
- why he doesn't regret his recent comments about Howard Lederer, Chris Ferguson, and Ray Bitar of Full Tilt Poker;
- why there's more anger at Full Tilt than Absolute Poker/Ultimate Bet, which also haven't returned funds to players;
- which new event at this year's WSOP he's looking forward to;
- advice for WSOP Main Event rookies (like Paul);
- how he might sell shares of his entry into the $1,000,000 buy-in One Drop tournament at the WSOP;
- whether legalized intrastate poker can work if it's only in Nevada or New Jersey;
- whether he still wants to be on Survivor, and which of this season's contestants he couldn't stand.
If you want to join us at the St. Louis premiere of "All In: The Poker Movie" at Ronnie's 20 Cine on Thursday, April 19th, tweet the phrase "all in" to either @dennis_phillips or @paulharrisshow on Twitter. We'll choose five more winners next week at random. You can watch the trailer for the movie here.
We do The Final Table show every Tuesday 3pm to 4pm CT from the poker room of Harrah's St. Louis on 590 KFNS radio.
Also on The Final Table...